Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme created by the people over at The Broke and the Bookish, check out their blog to see their Top Ten list as well as links to other blogs that are participating. The idea is simple and fun..every week there’s a new topic and you list your top ten! This weeks topic seemed so fun that I thought I would participate for the first time.
Top ten authors you REALLY want to meet is this weeks topic. Since there are no qualifiers or rules I’m going to interpret this as top ten authors I would want to meet, allowing for time travel if necessary. Basically I wanted to include authors alive or dead because I thought it would be more fun that way so here we go!
1. Jane Austen – Okay, maybe this one seems a bit obvious but I can’t help it I am a longtime Jane Austen junkie. I’ve read them all, but Pride and Prejudice is my favorite book and I’ve read it more times than I can count. Who wouldn’t love to pick her brain a little.
2. Roald Dahl – This is another one I’d need my imaginary time machine for but he’s at the top of my list. Growing up Matilda was the greatest book…I wanted to be her. Not to mention James and the Giant Peach and Charlie and the Chocolate Factory. I would love to talk to the person responsible for bringing me to those magical places.
3. Rick Riordan – This is basically because I love Percy Jackson, I mean who doesn’t! Another author who makes me feel like I’m part of the magical world he’s created.
4. Heather Graham – I have read SO many of her books and she’s one of the first authors to introduce me to the paranormal romance genre and I’m hooked. I love her Krewe of Hunters books and would love to pick her brain a little.
5. J.K Rowling – Harry Potter. I think that says it all.
6. Paula Weston – This is where I start with my more recently discovered authors. I picked up her Rephaim series and fell in love. She brings a different take on the genre and I’d love to know where she gets her ideas.
7. Nikki Godwin – Her books are so fun, I’m currently a huge fan of the Drenaline Surf guys as well as a Saturnite. Also she seems awesome on twitter and I think she’d be lots of fun to meet.
8. Maureen Johnson- I recently finished binge reading her books and thanks to twitter again I love there too! She’s witty and fun.
9. Dr. Suess or Theodor Seuss Geise – I mean he’s a legend and how great would it be to have a conversation with him!
10. Shel Silverstein – The Giving Tree should be a staple in every childhood and it was in mine. As was Where the Sidewalk ends. So much genius and I’d love to meet the person behind it.
So that’s my list…I’d love to here what you think….which names you agree with and which ones you don’t. Feel free to comment with authors you’d love to meet!