Although it took me a while to get the post together I am very happy to be nominated for the Liebster award. It is a great way for everyone to discover some great new blogs and learn a bit more about the bloggers. So, thank you to The Amazing Life of a Bookworm for the nomination, be sure to click the link and check out her amazing blog. There are a few rules which I will list in a moment, but basically it’s a way to acknowledge new bloggers and help to throw some attention their way.
The rules I mentioned are as follows:
- Thank the blogger who nominated you
- Answer the 11 questions the blogger gives you
- Nominate 11 blogs that you think are deserving of the award that have less than 200 followers
- Let the bloggers know you nominated them
- Give them 11 questions to answer
There you go, the rules are easy enough. Now to answer some fun questions!
- Who is your favorite female\male book character and why?
This one is a difficult one and if I’m honest I may have a difference answer if you ask me on a different day, but today I’m going to go with Percy Jackson. When I read the Percy Jackson books I just fell in love with that world. He is such a loveable character and intensely loyal to his friends and family.
- What is your favorite book? (Explain a little of the why and put your favorite quote of the book)
Again, this answer is one that could change on a weekly basis but I’m going to go with The Mortal Instruments City of Bones. I must say I loved this entire series and did a bit of binge reading, once I started I could not put it down. I fell in love with the characters…Jace and Clary stole my heart not to mention all of the other characters. What I’m saying is if you haven’t read these books…what are you waiting for?!
“Have you fallen in love with the wrong person yet?’
Jace said, “Unfortunately, Lady of the Haven, my one true love remains myself.”
…”At least,” she said, “you don’t have to worry about rejection, Jace Wayland.”
“Not necessarily. I turn myself down occasionally, just to keep it interesting.”
- At What age did you start reading?
Well the first time I remember really having a love for reading was in second grade…when my teacher let me bring one of the books home (we were supposed to keep them in the classroom, so this was a high honor for me).
- What is your favorite movie?
This is an easy one..Pride and Prejudice! The version with Keira Knightly. I can’t even count the number of times I’ve watched this one. I’ve also read the book at least as many times.
- If you could choose between becoming a character you love but living in this world or going to the world your favorite character lives in but you continue being you, what would you choose? (The character or world can be of anything you wish, TV show, book, movie,etc)
I would choose to be Hermione Granger because she would be awesome in any world.
- What or who inspired you to create your blog?
It wasn’t one person or thing in particular…my love of reading led me to discover a lot of blogs and I thought I might have something to contribute as well.
- If you could choose to become a mythical creature, what would you choose?
I’m not sure….I’m going to go with mermaid and yes this might have something to do with my obsession with The Little Mermaid as a child.
- Do you have any hobbies, apart from reading?
No, not really which is another reason I decided to start blogging. But even though it’s not exactly a hobby I do have a love for hockey and The Chicago Blackhawks.
- Do you play any instruments? If no then, what instruments you want to learn to play?
I do not play any instruments. Sadly, I have zero skill in that department but if I could learn to play one I would choose guitar.
- What are the three things you couldn’t live without? (And no, water and food or oxygen or anything of the sort don’t count)
Books, hair tie…my hair is in a perpetual state of ponytail, and comfy pj’s
- What author you wished you could meet, and why? (Authors you already met don’t count and it doesn’t matter if the author is already dead)
Roald Dahl, my favorite book as a child was Matilda. I would just love to meet the mind behind that wonderful story. Not to mention James and the Giant Peach and Charlie and the Chocolate Factory.
Well now to the fun part my nominees! Be sure to check out their blogs because they are all spectacular. If I’ve nominated you and you’ve already participated before feel free to answer the questions again or skip it and just check out the rest of the blogs. Now you may no
tice I only nominated 9 blogs, I will leave the 10th and 11th spots blank for anyone who I haven’t nominated who would like to participate….you can comment and let me know and I’ll be sure to link to your blog too.
Alyssia’s Booktastic Reading Obsession
Lu-Lu’s Rants & Reads
The Part Time Book Nerd
Books by night, Mommy by day
City & Book
Nocola Reads YA
Rebel Mommy Book Blog
A Girl Who Reads
Last but not least…your 11 questions! Now I’m not great at coming up with these but I’ll do my best.
1. What book can you read over and over again? Feel free to say why.
2. Who is your favorite author (name one of your favorite books by them)?
3. If you could visit a place/world from any book, where would it be?
4. What is your favorite movie adaptation of a book?
5. What movie adaptation of a book do you think was just AWFUL?
6. Other than reading or blogging, what is something else that you love to do?
7. What is something that you’ve never done that you want to do…a “bucket list” item?
8. Do you have a guilty pleasure..if so what is it? (mine are all food related btw)
9. Is there a book you thought you’d hate but ended up loving?
10. If you could meet anyone, alive or not, who would it be?
11. What is your favorite part of being a blogger?
And that is it! This post has become pretty long so I’ll wrap it up quickly..be sure to let me know if you participate and thanks again to The Amazing Life of a Bookworm for the nomination!